ST. P. & D. R.R.
APR 11 1899
box cancel with pennants on R164 documentary
The St. Paul and Duluth Railroad was created as the Lake Superior and Mississippi Railroad and was given its name in a reorganization in the 1870s. It was bought by the Northern Pacific in 1900 just after the time of this cancel. Known as the "Skally Line", it operated from Saint Paul to Duluth, Minnesota, with branches to Minneapolis, Taylors Falls, Kettle River, and Cloquet, in Minnesota, and Grantsburg and Superior in Wisconsin.
St. Paul and Duluth Railroad route map from 1891 with connections to other railroads.