- P & Company (possibly Pearl & Co.)
- FB... (possibly Finley Barrell & Co. or several others)
- AN & Company
- Price, McCormick & Company
- Ladenburg, Thalmann Company
- Edward Sweet & Company
- DeCoppett & Company
- DeCoppett & Doremus
- Lazard Freres
- P. J. Goodhart & Company
Insurance company perfins:
- New York Life Insurance Company
- Metropolitan Life Insurance Company
For the purpose of this article and in general, perfins do not include punch cancel initials or large punch outs, shaped or not. These types of cancels will be featured in a comprehensive post in the coming weeks. This post will also not cover generic perfins like those that spell out Cancelled or Paid, include only numbers, or are shapes.
The first example, and the most complex type of perfin on the 1898s, is that shown at the top of this post. The cancel remains unidentified but possibly comes from the New York Stock Exchange firm Pearl & Company.
Edward Sweet & Company