L. A. KINSEY & CO.
David Thompson scan
From Indianapolis of Today, 1896:
THE L. KINSEY COMPANY, Incorporated: Brokers; Nox. 11 and 13 West Pearl Stree.--The vast volume of business transacted here in trade, commerce and manufactures, renders Indianapolis one of the most desirable fields for banking operations to be found anywhere, and that the field is extending is evidenced by the prosperous existence of so many houses conducting business on a commission basis in the handling of grain, provisions, stocks, and bonds. Prominent and pre-eminently popular among such is the corporation of the L. A. Kinsey Co., whose offices are located in the Commercial Club Building Nos. 11 and 13 West Pearl Street. The concern was established as an individual enterprise in 1892 by Mr. L. A. Kinsey, state corporate charter under the existing trading title being secured in 1895. The company has an ample cash capitalization, the personnel of the executive management as follows: L. A. Kinsey, President; F. M. Ketcham, secretary; Maud S. Elliott, treasurer. The company deal largely in stocks and investment securities, handle options on the Chicago Grain and Provision Market, and as a matter of fact, are the leading stock and share brokers in Indiana's state capital city. Having direct communication by leased wires with the leading exchanges of the country, they can buy or sell for cash or on margin any of the listed stocks, bonds, or speculative securities. Branch offices of the concern are likewise conducted at Chicago, Anderson, Muncie, and Martinsville, Ind.