JUL 10 1900
The Edison Illuminating Company was established by Thomas Edison in 1880. The company constructed and ran electrical generating stations, initially in New York City. The first station, Pearl Street Station in Manhattan, was opened in 1882.
Henry Ford was an engineer with Edison Illuminating in the 1890s. the company was purchased by the Consolidated Gas company during the 1898 tax period. In the 1930s the company changed its name to Consolidated Edison.