The Pennsylvania Steel Company was originally organized in Pennsylvania in 1865. Affiliated with the Pennsylvania Railroad, the main plant in Steelton, PA, manufactured steel rails and other railroad material.
THE PENNSYLVANIA STEEL CO.
In January 1901, a plan of financial reorganization was adopted and the company was reincorporated with a much larger authorized capital base. The stamp above was likely used on documents associated with this reorganization.
In 1916 the Pennsylania Steel Company was merged with other firms to form Bethlehem Steel.